Monday, March 15, 2010


Let me just start off prefacing this book review by saying, "Wow." This memoir was the most entertaining book I have read in years. I started it Friday night and finished yesterday (Sunday). You wouldn't have been able to pry it away from my fingertips if you tried.

"Undress me in the Temple of Heaven," takes you through a journey. It was a journey that commenced with hope... hope for all things to come. But when two 22 year old girls set out for the backpacking trip of a lifetime, their hope dwindled. Far away from everything they knew, they struggled to hold on to something- their identity.

This book takes you far away from everything familiar. Susan Jane Gilman does a wonderful job making the reader a third backpacker on this trip. As Susie and Claire trekked through China, I was on the edge of my seat... turning the pages as quickly as possible.

Bottom Line: READ IT!!! I promise you won't want to put it down.

1 comment:

  1. just added the book to my must read list!! love all of your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete