Friday, April 2, 2010

Barry Thomas


image via the Wiford Gallery

Yesterday, my mom and I had the pleasure of spending the entire day with artist, Barry Thomas. Upon meeting him I immediately was taken back. As a former Arkansas Razorback football player, he wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Tall and fit, Barry had an "energy" about him that was so good, I felt happy just being in his presence. My mom, who is also a wonderfully, talented painter took a workshop with Barry a few weeks ago, when she came home she felt like she could paint anything. That is the gift of Barry Thomas. His paintings bring everything to light. It isn't just about the subject of the painting, it is the emotion that is evoked when looking at them. His work is all over the United States.

If you find yourself in Santa Fe, New Mexico I would definitely make a stop by Wiford Gallery, located on Canyon Road.
For other locations to see Barry's work click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment