Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Beginning...



I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday. Do you ever feel like you are completely out of your comfort zone? I recently started taking Spanish classes and when I was leaving my class last night, my instructor and I were talking about fear and how fear can affect your life, especially when you find yourself afraid of making mistakes. I was talking to her about all the mistakes that I make in class ALL the time (I am the slowest one)! But, she said to me, "Sara, you can not learn if you never make mistakes. You can't do anything if you don't mess up every now and then." She said that she used to feel like she was going to die if she made mistakes, and didn't speak well and that's how I feel! The most important thing she told me, is that you try. "Try your best and you will find out that you won't die, people won't love you any less if you are not perfect and when you are out of your comfort zone, you are learning."

So, if you ever feel out of your comfort zone, just remember that it's a good thing. Be willing to make mistakes. Be willing to mess up (I will try)! Because I believe it's true, that you will not die and people will not love you or think any less of you. Have a little fun... one of the hardest things to do is not judge ourselves, but at some point I believe we all have to make the commitment to love ourselves enough to try new things, even when it gets tough and sometimes uncomfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment