Thursday, January 12, 2012

A favorite.


The other day I went to the bookstore to pick up a few books (shocking, I know). I read this my senior year of high school and when I was looking through it, I couldn't help but to fall in love with it all over again.

This is one of my favorite quotes from the book: "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." (52) - Morrie

The quote probably didn't resonate with me as much then, as it does now. But, I really find it to be so true. Sometimes it's very hard to receive love and to receive good things in our lives. It's can be scary. Therefore, we can get into a habit of rejecting it because we either don't feel as if we deserve it or have earned it. It's necessary in life to feel joy and love from others, without earning it, without asking for it and without questioning it. You just have to let go, stop thinking about it, and feel it.

If you haven't read this book, you definitely should! It will always be one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment