Thursday, January 5, 2012

A life that Sizzles and Pops


Sometimes I get really caught up in my own head. I am often my own worst critic- whether it's about all the things I should be doing, how I should look or how I should live my life. When I take my nose off of the grind stone, I quickly realize that all the work, relationships and everything else can be really fun when you allow yourself to enjoy it. A really big part of that... ? Letting go of all the ideas you had about your life, and all the pressures telling you that you had to be "perfect." My dears, there is no such thing. Life surprises us all the time. 2011 was the year of changes, and I feel like in some ways, my life turned upside down. However, for the first time... probably, ever, I allowed myself to not have all the answers and ohhh, how good that felt. Life is constantly teaching. The lessons we encounter often don't go away until we learn from them, and as soon as we do, new lessons show up. How fun, eh? Perhaps not all the time, but we can learn to lean on people, not take ourselves so seriously, and give up all the ideas that tell us we should be something, because most of the time they are ideas of our own made up bullshit (pardon, my swearing). For 2012, I'm going to allow my life to sizzle and pop and enjoy...

”Don’t listen to anyone. Trust what gives you pleasure. Trust the emotions. If you love something but can’t explain why, that’s enough.“

-Calice Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment