Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh, so true

Hello my dearest. Hoping your week is going great. We have only been on the cleanse for a few days now, and although, I myself am thinking, what the heck did I start? I am happy to hear all the great feedback from everyone on it. On another note, the past couple of days, I have been plagued by the what ifs? Ever get them? What if I would have... done this, done that, been this, had that. I've been thinking a lot lately about how things unfold. Sometimes it can be hard to really believe that you are exactly where you should be. During this time of fashion week in NYC, I look back and wonder "what if I would have stuck with it?" But then my memory shoots back to my NYC days. I stopped loving fashion, loving getting dressed in the morning, I didn't like the late nights or social aspects of the whole thing and I constantly felt exhausted. There was nothing I could do to change it, although I definitely tried to. We don't always know why our soul goes in a certain direction. I always thought that I would live in NYC and work for a magazine and now I am teaching yoga... in Arkansas. I know there is nothing in the world I would rather be doing and I know everything I have been through in my life has been leading me here, but there are still times when I look back and grieve... for what was and what never will be. And you know what? I think that's okay. We can't get caught up into the idea of what we wish for our lives in our heads and we also can't get wrapped up into thinking that everyone else has it so much better. I think that we have to above all things listen to what our hearts say, and forgive ourselves.   Forgive ourselves for wishing we could be something different.

I think that is what we have to do. Forgive ourselves for wishing we could be any different and recognize our own life unfolding in a perfectly imperfect way. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share that. Hope you all have a great evening. Off to teach class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment