Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nourishment


The theme of the month in our yoga class is nourishment. It honestly couldn't be more fitting at this time of year or at this time in my life. After the three weeks I had prior to this one, I am feeling a little drained, a little tired, and a little unbalanced. Nourishment is the term given to the substance necessary for growth, health and good condition. It's listening to yourself and giving yourself what you need. As I walked into my first yoga class since the beginning of October, I knew it was going to be a little tough. Going through the poses I found some to be harder than others, and when I found myself shaky or unstable, I let myself fall. Sometimes you have to accept what is going on, exactly as it is especially when you can't change the circumstance. Frustration begins when we try to fix things too quickly or simply act as if everything is okay, when in truth things are not okay. Honor yourself. Honor every part of you. Honor every feeling, every worry and let it pass through you. My yoga teacher read to us at the beginning of class from an excerpt stating that we are all exactly where we need to be, going through exactly what we need to be going through. Lessons are always right on time. During these lessons allow yourself to be nourished.

A few excerpts from Journey to the Heart...

Seek healing, a refilling of energy and spirit as soon as you need it. You don't have to push yourself to give, do, or perform when your body, mind, soul, and emotions need to heal. Seek support and natural balance. Listen to your body, listen to your soul, and both will tell you what they need and when...

Find the balance that's right for you. Become sensitive to your needs. When you become stressed, depleted, out of sync, in need of healing... Nurture and care for yourself until you're in balance once again.

Much like breathing...
You can not give out, unless you take in.


Don't worry too much about all the things you have to do, all the things you have to decide. Be with yourself in the present moment and for the time being let go of everything else and allow yourself to be nourished... to be taken care of.

image via inspiration for wellbeing

No comments:

Post a Comment