Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Simple & Lovely...


Last night, when I couldn't sleep and found myself searching for inspiration to keep writing, I stumbled upon this and it made my night! It is so simple and lovely. The life of an artist is quite different. Us creative types have to have our solitude at times. There comes a time when it is necessary to reflect and you really have to unplug. There is often this weird lull and when life gets too busy, or you start to focus on other things, it becomes messy in the mind, but with solitude there is time, time to soak it all in. I love when she mentions driving... how it pushes everything unimportant into the back of your mind and you think about the good things. I feel the exact same way. I drive from Houston to Arkansas, Arkansas to Houston all the time. People often ask me if it's exhausting, how I could possibly do it so much? But, I'll let ya in on a little secret... there are times when I cherish those moments, alone, in my car, listening to music, thinking and thinking... it gives time to digest life. We have things thrown at us all the time. Sometimes it's nice to take a step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment