Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Morning Thoughts

I wanted to share this with all of you, because when I read it I thought to myself how true it is. I spent a long, long time traveling around... I went off to college and afterwards, while I was trying to find my place, I would spend months here, months there, a year here and a year there. After being away from home for so long, I never really thought I would want to go back home. That is until I started realizing how much time I've spent not really sharing myself with a whole lot of people. I think somewhere a long the way, I lost myself, I became afraid... afraid of people, afraid of failure, afraid of truly being known, so I just stayed in places where it was okay to hide. Not really hide, but you know... it's like starting fresh all the time. No one knows you, or your family and there's a part of that which can be very exhausting, while there's another side to that which can be very liberating. I think there's a part of me that knew I had to go get myself, heal myself in some ways, and gradually begin to trust myself and other's before I could ever imagine returning home. It's been a long time, and as I've moved toward myself, I've been able to move toward home. I think maybe I've always been scared. Scared of losing myself again, scared that I can't stick up for myself. Yet, something inside of me says, "I've got you, you've got me. Don't be so afraid to go back to where you came from, it might be the part you still need to heal." In a yoga book I read for teacher training, it talks about how our lives are meant for healing. The universe is always trying to bring us into balance, into wholeness, so we have these experiences to do that. At Wanderlust, I took a class with Seane Corn and the theme was Everyday Miracles. Basically, she talked about how our lives are constantly unfolding. Each moment brings you to another moment, and it's all for something bigger. Anyway, I just thought I would share that with you all. If there are ever uncertain times, or times when you wonder... just remember everything is unfolding. Hope you have a great Monday! :)

image via modernhephburn

No comments:

Post a Comment