Tuesday, July 17, 2012

L.O.V.E. ONE A.N.O.T.H.E.R



Good morning! First of all, I want to say happy birthday to my older brother. You are an awesome friend. I am so lucky to have someone as wonderful as you in my life. You have always been there for me without fail, advising me, guiding me, being there to laugh with, have fun with, cry with and most of share the joys and sorrows of life with. On that note: one of my very best friend's lost her brother this past week. The great sadness of his passing is profound, and to my dearest friend, I can't pretend to know how you're feeling, but I am here. It is weird to acknowledge these two things in the same post, but my life lately has been a dynamic blend of heartache, healing, joy and sorrow. It's the ebb and flow of life. Nothing is constant on this earth, everything is ever-changing. But, we have this moment. This moment to enjoy the little things, to embrace life and all that it is. We can't pretend like it isn't painful, because it is. We can't pretend like it isn't full of things that knock us down, but there is some miracle in it all. We can have compassion for each other. No one has a perfect life. Everyone on this earth is learning the same things and I think as soon as we can recognize the light and dark in each other, we will be able to accept the light and the dark in ourselves. In a world full of people who all at some time or another have felt alone, or like no one knows what they are going through, or understands how they feel, just remember that every human being has probably experienced some sort of pain. It just might be labeled differently. But, in the end, we're all here to support each other, love each other, and recognize our own humanness in each other.

Lots of love to all of you on this Tuesday.

image via The Little Red House

No comments:

Post a Comment