Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Aim True

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a wonderful day. The weather is perfect here in Arkansas today. Blue skies, the birds are singing and the sun is out. I am soaking up every minute of it. :)

Over the weekend I went to OKC for a workshop at Soul Yoga with Kathryn Budig. Have you all ever taken a workshop with her? She is awesome. If you haven't experienced her classes yet, they are available on Yogaglo. :)  The first day she sat us down and talked to us before the actual practice. If you have been to her then you probably know what I'm about to talk about...  her motto in life and in yoga is Aim True. She took us through a journey in her shoes, talking about things she's been through and her life in general. She made some really good points, that hit my so hard I felt like being there had to have been a God thing. She basically told me everything I needed to hear. Through this process of starting a business, putting down roots, everything that I've been doing the past 6 months, it's been a very big leap of faith. I've had to follow my heart every step of the way, not knowing how everything will really turn out. It can be exhausting. Some days I just feel like crying, and going back to Houston, but most days I feel like no matter what as soon as I walk into Maitri (the yoga studio), something happens. It's like magic, because all of my fears, doubts, worries go away and I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. I think when you find something you love, when you find something you want to share, you feel this great push and pull because there is so much risk. However, Kathryn pointed out, that often times when we find our path, we know we're going the right direction because we will be tested. We may not feel like it is the easiest thing in the world, and that's because we have to figure out how much we want it. There was a post I wrote a while back, about the worst class I ever taught, or what I thought was the worst class I've ever taught, I made a decision that day, right then and there to no matter what share this practice. It doesn't matter if I stumble over my words, as soon as I recognized that I could share this practice without having to be the perfect teacher, I gave myself permission to keep going. That was what this weekend was about for me, the strength to keep going and letting go of what others think and what others say. When you have something you want to share from the heart, it is always wonderful and this goes for in your jobs, relationships, everything...
Give yourself permission to be true to you no matter what; to live your life from your core with no regrets. I have given up and given in on too many things in my life. As soon as we start aiming true, loving ourselves, and knowing that we're worth it, that's when we keep going and that's when we are a true success.... when we honor ourselves above all else and have the courage to be who we are and share it with others.

So today, this week, this month, this year... keep going. Share yourself. Aim true and stay true to you because you're worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment