Monday, November 30, 2009

Tis' The Season!


I really wish I had the willpower to detox.

I tried the Master Cleanse last year and lasted a total of six hours before I convinced myself that my blood sugar was low and instead of the cayenne pepper, lemon juice, maple syrup diet I should just go ahead and eat a cookie because just thinking about a cleanse is excruciating and painful enough.

This year however... I am determined to at least some how resist eating all the sugar in the house.
I am a runner, or at least I like to think I am. I run anywhere from 4 to 10 miles a day and because of this I know that now more than ever an all liquid diet just will not sustain.

But a few days on fruits, veggies (raw and steamed), rice, and a shake (see recipe from Cooking Light below) might just have some benefits...

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
Ingredients
1 cup frozen sweet cherries
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup pomegranate cherry juice (such as pom)
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
1 banana, peeled and sliced crosswise
Preparation
Place all ingredients in a blender; puree until smooth.
Compliments of: Maureen Callahan, Cooking Light, JULY 2006

Another thing... I try to add protein to the shake...

No comments:

Post a Comment