Friday, November 20, 2009

Climbing for a Cause

Every Month I have a magazine day. I take a day to sit and pour over all the new issues of every magazine that I love.

Since I am somewhat of a "health nut" I love Runner's World, Women's Health, Yoga Journal... All are not without wonderful advice for staying healthy (mind, body and soul)... I picked up Natural Health and stumbled upon an article which I found to be particularly interesting and inspiring. Georgina Miranda as I have learned is a woman from Portland, Oregon who is taking on the climb of Seven Summits to help women in Africa. She is climbing the highest mountain on each continent to raise money for International Medical Corps, an organization that helps women and children worldwide.

Upon reading about "Climbing for a Cause" all I could think was Where do I sign up!
This is an amazing fete for an amazing cause. If you want more info Follow Georgina Miranda on her Blog: georginamiranda.blogspot.com and climbtakeaction.com.

If you would like more information on International Medical Corps (IMC) visit their website http://www.imcworldwide.org/Page.aspx?pid=183

Perhaps it is just me, but women need to stick up for each other, help each other and sometimes just remind each other that they are not alone. Bad things happen, but good things happen too.

Georgina Miranda you are doing a great thing!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for promoting the campaign! Please let me know if you would like to get involved. info@climbtakeaction.com

    ReplyDelete