Monday, December 14, 2009

A Perfect Holiday Cocktail


It has been awhile since I've had a really good cocktail. They have either been too sweet, too tangy, too pink, or just plain intolerable to drink...
It wasn't until last week, when I had the pleasure of hanging out with my old editor, Holly Crawford, and photographer Julie Soefer, at the Ritz-Carlton's Rattlesnake Bar here in Dallas, Texas that my usual order of wine seemed boring. Since, it had been years since I had gotten a drink with Holly, the last time was at the Ritz in New York... I knew this occasion called for a cocktail. With a quick glance I decided on Fearing's French Fizz and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. The hints of pear and apple paired with the champagne boasted the perfect mixture- not too sweet, not too tangy and not too pink...
This week my mission is to acquire all the ingredients for this French Fizz cocktail and sip it well into the New Year.

Happy Holidays!
Here are the ingredients:
Fearing’s French Fizz
Grey Goose La Poire
St~Germain Elderflower Liqueur
Champagne

No comments:

Post a Comment