Friday, June 22, 2012

Fall in Love...


...With yourself.

My friend told me a couple years ago, that I needed to first fall in love with my life, myself, before doing anything else. When she first said this, I thought to myself, "right, right, I know..." But thinking about it now, I realize how important this advice actually was/is. I began to realize that if I loved myself and my life, then what people thought of me became less and less important. I began taking care of myself in a way that I never had before. I began living for me-- not for anyone else. It feels selfish sometimes... to love yourself, take time for yourself, but really it's the best thing people can do for others. Have yourself, so you can give to others.

I hope all of you have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. :)

Give a little love and nourishment to yourself this weekend.

image via patterson maker and note to self

No comments:

Post a Comment