Thursday, June 14, 2012

For the teachers in my life


While we were on our yoga retreat my teacher, Maria read to us from the book "An Offering of Leaves," and I've been thinking about it ever since. The reading came from page 12:

When you're in a yoga class and the teacher says, "Straighten your arm," and you get a tug, that teacher has also been in a yoga class, where their teacher said, "Straighten your arm," and they got a tug. When the teacher is talking about kindness, and you feel nourished by their words, something inside of you is stirred and something that was sleeping awakens. This is because, that teacher also had a teacher who spoke about kindness and woke them up. You reach a point where you feel incredible gratitude toward your teacher and you want to be with them, and bring flowers coffee, candy, and gold.

This reading made me think about all the teachers I've had in my life. From my parents, to teachers in school, to all of my friends who have all taught me so much.

So as the inevitable flow continues, my teacher read this to me... and I wanted to share it with all of you! I hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment