Monday, June 25, 2012

{Happy Monday}


I hope all of you have a wonderful day! I'm about to go teach my morning yoga class, and thought I would say hello before I do. I love this little reminder to stay true to you!
I was reading in a yoga book that I have, Baron Baptiste's, "40 Days to Personal Revolution," and it says that "Being true to yourself means looking within to discover what you know in your heart to be right and then acting on it. It does not mean following every last whim or urge that you might have; that is just selfishness in disguise. It means being true to your values and morals. It means being honest in all things: knowing the truth, and living by that truth. Regarding truth, Ghandi said:

What then is Truth? A difficult question, but I have solved it for myself by saying it is what the voice within tells you. How then, you ask [do] different people thing of different and contrary truths... [I]t is because we have at the present moment everybody claiming the right of conscience without going through discipline whatsoever that there is so much untruth being delivered in a bewildered world. All that I can in true humility present to you is that truth is not to be found by anybody who has not got an abundant sense of humility. If you would swim on the bosom of the ocean of Truth, you must reduce yourself to zero."

Baron goes on to say that, "Many of us have come to learn that when we live in alignment in truth, our life works. We forget to treat that as something sacred."-Baron Bapstiste, 40 Days to Personal Revolution

I just wanted to share that with you.
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment