Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I haven't forgotten...


Hi all! I am sorry for the radio silence. Life has been busy. I graduate from my yoga teacher training this weekend. Woohoo! I'm r-e-a-d-y. We leave tomorrow morning for Chappell Hill, Texas to enjoy lots of yoga, healthy food and just a little more learning. One of the books on our reading list is The Tree of Yoga and while I was reading it, I came across a passage that I wanted to share with you guys on yoga...

"Yoga works on each individual for his or her growth and betterment, physically, mentally emotionally and spiritually. It is meant for the whole of humanity. That is why it is called a universal culture. When you are at one within yourself, yoga does not end there. Having acquired a certain discipline in the body, mind, senses, intelligence and consciousness, the yogi has to live in the world without getting involved in his or her actions. This is what is known as skillfulness in action, which does not just mean dexterity. Skillfulness is when one performs one's actions without expecting good or bad results from them. The yogis actions are performed without vice and virtue, but with purity and divinity (Tree of Yoga, 10)."

Wishing you all a great day! I'll try to plan some posts and catch up a little. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Sarah, I hope you had a great time in Chapel Hill. What an accomplishment! I have so enjoyed reading the passages you've shared and am inspired to take a teaching class someday. Hope you'll share more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete