Tuesday, August 14, 2012

To be really alive... is to...


Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you all survived Monday successfully and perhaps even enjoyed it a little bit? Last night, I picked up The Four Agreements. Have you all read it? Ohh, it's so good! I read it during my teacher training as a required reading and since then, I've passed it along to family members, friends, anyone and everyone. There's a passage that I wanted to share really quick, about resisting life. Our own life. The one that we want. Not the one our parents want for us, or our friends and teachers, but the one we want.

It says: "To be alive is the biggest fear humans have. Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive – the risk to be alive and express what we really are. Just being ourselves is the biggest fear of humans. We have learned to live our lives trying to satisfy other people's demands. We have learned to live by other people's points of view because of the fear of not being accepted and of not being good enough." - The Four Agreements

I just thought this was so good and true when I read it again last night. I think when we individuate from our parents, it can be really hard to decipher what we want. But the truth is, we still have to be true to ourselves. We have to decide how we want to live in the world, be of service and make our way. It isn't anyone else's decision or choice. It's ours to make. Therefore, we have to stay connected to ourselves no matter what. Be brave and have the courage to be different.

I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful Tuesday. I'm teaching a morning yoga class today! Ah, teaching yoga is one of my favorite things in life. And that is all I know right now...

image via serendipitousromancetumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment