Friday, October 5, 2012

Come dance with me



Happy Friday my dears! I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. I am loving this song right now from Edward Sharpe And the Magnetic Zeros, so I just thought I would share. I think it's a good song to kick off the weekend. I taught a yoga class this morning for the first time in about a week. It was so nice to get back to teaching, after traveling and being sick... it's definitely nice to get back to what I love. I read from BrenĂ© Brown's book, Daring Greatly at the end of the class. She says, "When we spend our lives waiting until we're perfect or bulletproof before we walk into the arena, we ultimately sacrifice relationships and opportunities that may not be recoverable, we squander our precious time, and we turn our back on our gifts, those unique contributions that only we can make. Perfect and bulletproof are seductive, but they don't exist in the human experience. We must walk into the arena, whatever it may be-- a new relationship, an important meeting, our creative process, or a difficult family conversation-- with courage and the willingness to engage. Rather than sitting on the sidelines and hurling judgement and advice, we must dare to show up and let ourselves be seen. This is vulnerability. This is daring greatly."

If you haven't yet heard of BrenĂ© Brown (I feel like I keep talking and talking about her), you should definitely check her out! I am reading her book now, and it is wonderful!

Happy weekend, all!!

image via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment