Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Update:

I've moved! I can't believe it, but at the same time everything went so smoothly it was literally as if the universe was conspiring to swiftly and briskly sweep me out of my apartment and on my way to Arkansas. My mom came in town to help me not only pack, but look high and low for some great furniture. Since I've lived in an apartment for so long, I don't even own a kitchen table. I've always either eaten standing up or on my couch. Normal, right? Eh, maybe not. However, I did find a kitchen table, thanks to Meg! And a cute, cute side table thanks to my friend Sharon. I also did some really, really wonderful yoga and soaked up everything I could. Although, the move has left us pretty exhausted, it was a really awesome few days. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and are having an equally great week. Many, many prayers go out to everyone on the east coast! Here are some pictures from last week, over the weekend and yesterday... 
Taken at Yoga Ananda in Houston. A studio that has enriched my life, more than I could ever express. The girls I went through my teacher training with became family. Catherine, Kate, Kelly, Emmie, Jessica, Avi, Amie, Erica, Kim and of course, Maria, I love each and every one of  you and am so thankful for all of you in my life! I can't wait for them to come visit Arkansas and visit the soon-to-be studio here!
 This table is from Blue Bird Circle. If you haven't been there and live in Houston, you should absolutely go! I got this table for 150.00.
And in the Heights, we were pointed in the direction of Heights Antiques on Yale where I picked up this table for my kitchen. I love it. I didn't get the chairs, just because they were kinda small and I have a big brother, big meaning bigger than me because I'm a 5"2 midget and can fit in any chair.
My mom had to get a picture of me in my uniform. Denim on Denim. I was pretty exhausted by this time of the day. Truck all packed! And this little one in the picture below, I think went through a range of emotions that exhausted her to the point of barely wanting to lift her head. I think she was partly scared from all the furniture moving out + mad at me for not throwing the ball for her all day. Needless to say, my mom and I ordered room service at the hotel which consisted of cheeseburgers and a chicken sandwich and the little one got at least half of both. 
We all made it safely to Arkansas and we will try to recharge before moving the furniture in on Thursday. I will keep the updates coming and I apologize for the lack of posting. Bear with me... I haven't really had time to process anything too much, but I will say, that the whole move felt very in sync. It all lined up from the perfect moving weather to finding great furniture to the awesome movers! I hope all of you had a wonderful day today! Thinking about a costume for Halloween... ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment