Monday, October 22, 2012

{New Homeowner}

Hi all! Happy Monday! Wow, it has been a full week since my last post and I have to tell you that I am proud to say, I am officially a homeowner. Sometimes I can't believe it. I feel very lucky and very blessed. After a lot of tears, meltdowns and indecisiveness, the day came to sign all the papers and it just felt right. Every anxiety and fear that I had melted away, and I am happy to say that I'm really excited for the next adventure. I just wanted to share with you a few pictures from last week. :)
Choosing colors is tough to do, lemme tell ya. I finally chose a really, really light yellow in the living room and dining room. I couldn't decide between that or a chic grey, but I love the warmth of light yellow.
Testing out paint colors...

 My mom is basically a pro painter. I am doing the Shewin Williams, Maison Blanche in the kitchen....
This is a tree on my street! The colors were just starting to get pretty when I left Fayetteville to head to Dallas for my friend's engagement party for the weekend. Now I'm in Houston, where I will currently soak it all in... the yoga, antique stores and hopefully by Monday, I'll be ready to rock and roll to Arkansas. I never planned on moving back to Arkansas, or opening up a yoga studio, but I think the more and more I've come back to myself, the more and more I feel drawn to my roots. I've been away from them for a long time. 8 years to be exact and in these 8 years I feel like I've come full circle. I think life pulls us away and pulls us together, giving us room to grow all the time. The thing that I've come to realize is that sometimes you don't have to leave to grow, sometimes you can stay and sometimes you can come back to the place you left with a whole new set of perspective. I hope all of you have a very happy Monday, wherever you are! And just remember that life takes us to all different places, not to change us, but I think, to make us more of ourselves; to bring us back to who we truly are and always have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment