Monday, August 8, 2011

Mix it up with something Green...


After a really wonderful weekend of seeing old friends and making new ones at the wedding of two native Arkansans... it is back to the grind and when I woke up this morning, I realized I was suffering from a weekend hangover. Since, I have to face the fact that it is Monday and have a to-do list a mile long, I thought that I should mix it up for breakfast with a smoothie. To get some protein and more nutrients than I usually have, I am adding in some kale and spinach. Here is a great recipe for a green smoothie recipe from Whole Foods. I swear it's good. You have to add the banana though... I thought I might skip out on it one morning (because I don't love bananas) and I regretted it immediately. The banana tames the flavor of the spinach and kale. Add whatever else you want, just don't skip the banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment